This is one of our favorite B & B and Spa Recipes for meat eaters becoming vegetarians
Vegetarian Seitan (Wheat Gluten) Casserole Del Sol
- 1 (16 ounce) package 100% whole grain uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 ib seitan (Wheat Gluten) pieces about 1 inch in length
- 22 oz of packaged vegetable both or water and 2-4 tbsp vegetable
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter or a “natural” butter substitute
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook the rigatoni according to package directions until al dente.. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, boil the sietan for about 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, green beans and mushrooms. Drain and stir in the rigatoni. Stir in the seitan. Transfer this mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top over all. In a medium bowl, combine the butter or butter substitute and the corn flakes and spread this mixture over the cheese. Finally, top off by sprinkling with the parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Bio of the Author: Lewis Harrison is an natural foods chef who specializes in vegetarian and vegan recipes. American author, speaker and Life Coach. An expert on natural foods and whole foods nutrition, stress management and personal development he is the owner of the Catskills Bed and Breakfast in Stamford, New York – Thecatskillsbedandbreakfast.com. He is the author of the book Healing Depression Naturally – www.HealingDepressionBook.com
He is the creator of a distance learning course in Holistic nutrition and natural healing at the Natural Healing Academy – His corporate chair massage company has a website at http://www.eventschairmassage.com