I love Chinese food especially Eggplant and Garlic Sauce. The problem is all that sugar, salt and rancid over-cooked oil. Try this easy recipe at home
NATURAL VEGAN CHINESE GARLIC SAUCE
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons dehydrated cane juice sugar
• 2 tablespoons “Braggs Aminos” or for less sodium use dehydrated kelp powder mixed with Vegit Low Sodium Seasoning
• 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
• 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce, or according to taste (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
• 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, potato starch or a smaller amount of guar gum
• 1 tablespoon spring or filtered water
• 1 tablespoon organic peanut oil
• 3 – 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped (4 teaspoons – 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic)
Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, Braggs Amino or vegit, rice wine or sherry, chili sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl, stirring briskly to combine. Dissolve the starch in the water in a separate small bowl,
Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
Immediately restir the mixture, add it into the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring continually for a minute.
Re-stir the starch/water mixture and add it to the sauce and stir until it thinkens.